Entrepreneurial Engagement Ohio (EEO) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation whose mission is:
- to promote student and community awareness as to the challenges and opportunities the changing regional, national and global economies present for the future; and
- to provide educational instruction, curriculum, research, training, mentoring and other information that helps develop the entrepreneurial, economic, business, and scientific literacy of students and the community, and other 21st Century skills that may be needed for the future.
1. Northeast Ohio STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation programming, and,
2. Statewide Ohio STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation programming.
Since its formation in 2011, EEO has been focused on two primary program areas:
Are You Ready for the Future? Do You Believe in Ohio?
Watch this video to learn Entrepreneurial Engagement Ohio's vision for continuing our state's prosperity
Northeast Ohio STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programming:
From the date of its founding, EEO has offered STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation programming to high schools in Northeast Ohio. EEO's Northeast Ohio programs have included:
- STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forums (STEM Forums)
- Annual STEM Commercialization Plan and STEM Business Plan Competitions (STEM Plan Competitions) at local high schools
- Teacher mentoring programs, and other forms of program support
About Statewide Ohio STEM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Programming:
- In 2012, EEO entered into a collaboration with the Ohio Academy of Science (“OAS”) to develop a statewide Ohio Youth STEM Commercialization and Entrepreneurship program, which later became known as the Believe in Ohio (“BiO”) program.
- The purpose of the Believe in Ohio program is to help create a "Culture of Innovation" in Ohio high schools and middle schools, and to encourage students to continue their educations and careers in Ohio by providing scholarships to Ohio colleges, universities, post-secondary career centers and vocational schools.
- The BiO program is funded by the State of Ohio. Since its beginning during the 2014-2015 school year, 180 schools and 400 teachers from 52 Ohio counties have participated in Believe in Ohio's high school, regional and statewide STEM Commercialization Plan and STEM Business Plan competitions, with more than 16,000 students having developed 10,000+ STEM Commercialization & STEM Business Plans, with $1.6 million in local school, regional & state competition awards/scholarships received by Ohio students.
- BiO includes a comprehensive, Google Classroom based professional development program for teachers in grades 7-12 to help them develop a "Culture of Innovation" in their schools.
- Although currently suspended due to the Covid situation, since 2014, 55 Believe in Ohio STEM Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forums have been held on 19 Ohio college campuses, attended by more 10,000 students & teachers from 250 high schools from 60+ Ohio counties.
The Believe In Ohio Program
The purpose of the Believe in Ohio program is to create a “Culture of Innovation” in Ohio schools. Learn more about the program here.
Choose Ohio First
The Choose Ohio First Scholarship Program is a state-funded program aimed at graduating more students in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM). Learn more here.