The Northeast Ohio Innovates Program
NEO Innovates Downloadable Student Resources:
Northeast Ohio Innovates (NEO Innovates), is a Northeast Ohio regional adaption of the Believe in Ohio (BiO) program, which was a statewide STEM and entrepreneurship program for high school and middle school students that integrated entrepreneurship and innovation as pathways to create future jobs. The BiO program was developed by Entrepreneurial Engagement Ohio (EEO) in collaboration with The Ohio Academy of Science (OAS), with support from the 130th Ohio General Assembly and the Ohio Board of Regents. NEO Innovates is a program of EEO.
The Northeast Ohio Innovates program includes these key parts:
1) A series of STEM Commercialization, Entrepreneurship & Innovation Forums held on college campuses across Northeast Ohio.
2) A teacher mentoring program for high school and middle school teachers whose students participate in a STEM Commercialization Plan or STEM Business Plan competition at their school.
3) A full range of teacher and student support materials to help teachers conduct the program and help students develop their STEM Commercialization and STEM Plans for competition.
4) An “Introduction to the Innovation Economy of Northeast Ohio” online course that teachers and students may use as a resource.
5) Possible funding to recognize the winners from each high school or middle school STEM Commercialization or STEM Business Plan competition at their school.
6) Possible scholarship funds to award to one or more top performing plan competition students.
How To Prepare for and Develop Your STEM Plans
Five Part Video Series
Video 1 - Before starting the journey, let's think about where you want to go and why (2:40)
Video 2 - In preparation for the journey, let's determine how to get there and what we are looking for (5:00)
Video 3 - Getting started with Milestones 1, 2 and 3 on the Roadmap (7:36)
Video 4 - Taking a STEM plan idea on the journey from Milepost 1 to Milepost 8 (11:38)
Video 5 - Finishing a Commercializable plan by following Roadmap Mileposts 9-12 (6:57)
Click each video to watch